13.9.05

Being back in school is cool. My desire is to be the best cross-cultural worker I can be, and the classes that I am taking this semester cause me to get borderline giddy. Borderline because it's a lot of reading and writing; all good stuff, all hard stuff. The classes have already been relevant to my previous experiences and what I expect my future will look like. It's refreshing. Like my new haircut. Classrooms in past years might have stifled me, like my former flowing hair pestering my eyes while I attempt to play tennis - and getting my ass whupped in the process. Well, I don't desire to get my butt kicked in the classroom. It can't happen. It ain't the tennis court with players named Nancy. I am doing something I am growing in passion in, and I believe this is where God has me for this season. It kind of reminds me of that time in Kinshasa when I was just sitting there on that bench dumbfounded during a street evangelism event - I didn't understand the language, I didn't understand the length of the worship time, I couldn't connect well with my Congolese neighbors - all real frustrating stuff. Sitting there I heard God's confirming voice: "This is where I want you. Right here, right now." Peace came over me. I was in God's will and I knew it, and I was not doing much of anything.
I better go hit the books again or practice my first serve. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home