19.8.05

The worst room in the world is the waiting room. What are waiting rooms good for? Absolutely nothing. Seriously, the waiting room ambiance? The elevator music lulling people to sleep, the popular hospital colours everywhere, the outdated magazines…I don’t think so. Waiting rooms have slowly sneaked up on us and have swamped our lives. Almost every office has them. The worst, of course, is the doctor’s waiting room. You sit there and wait with other normal people. Everyone is quiet. You know that person is not really reading. The commonality for these normal people is that something is wrong. But what is it? This causes a mass hysteria of fidgetiness inside the waiting room. “Oh, I wonder what he’s got?” “She’s a goner!” (gotta love Seinfeld). I visited this most dreaded room this past week. Not fun. But informative. After a few blood tests, we’ll see shortly what’s up with my system. Doctor’s offices are foreign to me, so I have experienced a lot of uneasiness. You know what I am reminded of? God is right there in the unknown. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know what tomorrow brings. I don’t know what’s wrong with my system. I just don’t know a lot of things. I could easily dwell on these “unknowns” OR I could not. What do you think? Could I dwell on what I do know? I am Ben. I am loved. I have a home on earth and after earth. I am here to live for God’s glory. Where is God’s glory today? Where is God’s glory? Those are my thoughts today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Waiting rooms are interesting places that's for sure. I love people watching there, waiting, wondering what everyone else has. It's probably the nurse in me . . . LOL. Anyway, I found my way to your blog. I'll pray for those results.

8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home